Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hello.

A few words to thank all those who attended the screening of 'Splendid', our sketch show pilot, on Friday.  I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

It was quite an experience watching these sketches that we have lived with for many months set loose on an audience, half with no connection to the production, and waiting for the first laugh on the edge of my seat at the back of the screening room. When it quickly came I must admit I distinctly felt my whole body relax and I slipped far more comfortably back into my chair and could truly enjoy the show. Laughs flowed through the show, big and small, some lines getting wonderfully large reactions that I hadn't expected at that point, other lines that I love getting smaller laughs. But as I walked out at the end I know I had a silly beam on my face and I'm sure I saw the same on the faces of others. 

As we made the rounds afterwards to take in the reactions of the non-crew it was great to hear how people appreciated the hard work of our writers, performers and crew and it looks like we have something individual and special on our hands.
 
So thanks again everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment